Hello girls 🙂
Summer days may be almost over, but high temperatures sure don’t seem to be going down any time soon. And, as any beauty lover knows, high temperatures equal light makeup.
For the longest time I’ve been on a hunt for products that would give me that perfect summer makeup look, you know, light enough for my skin to breath, but still cover all of the imperfections and make me look, well, like a little bit better version of myself. Finally, I managed to find exactly what I’ve been searching for and collect a few go-to products that I ended up using literally everyday.
So, here’s what I’ve been using to achieve this final look:
Products I Use
- CLARINS Instant Light Lip Comforting Oil in shade 07 Honey Glam – Since I’ve always had a problem with chipped lips, proper lip care is very important to me. This Clarins oil nourishes, soothes and plumps my lips, which makes it a perfect prep for any other lipstick and since mine has golden shimmer in it, sometimes I love wearing it just as it is, without anything on top of it.
- CLARINS Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in shade 06 Rosewood Shimmer – This half makeup – half skincare product may just be my absolute favorite lip gloss of all times. It protects my lips and make them feel super soft, still leaving them with a subtle natural color, perfect for every day look.
- DIOR Addict Ultra Gloss in shade 785 Diorama – For days when I want to feel a little bit more special and shiny, I always go for this Dior lip gloss. Apart from making my lips instantly plumped, it gives me the most perfect mirror-shine film that lasts for hours.
4. DR.JART Premium Beauty Balm – When searching for a foundation, I was looking for something that will give my skin proper protection from harmful sun rays, so when I saw this SPF45 BB cream, I was immediately drowned to it. The idea that a product would give me a light coverage, that I need, while at the same time nourishing and protecting my skin, sounded truly amazing and it didn’t disappoint me.
5. MARC JACOBS Re(marc)able Full Cover Concealer in shade Perfect 5 (Fawn) – Since I don’t want to wear full coverage all over my face, this concealer came as a perfect solution for any little imperfections I would get from time to time. It matches perfectly with my BB cream, so it goes unnoticeable when all blended together, leaving me with the perfect skin.
6. URBAN DECAY Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette – Urban Decay is my favorite brand for eyeshadows, I find them to be super pigmented and easy to blend, so it was no surprise that this one ended in my everyday go-to products list. Shades I’ve been using the most are Skimp, Stark and Frisk, whereas on the eyelid I mix Stark and Frisk, and Skimp I spread over the corners of my eyes, under the brow bone and, sometimes, on top of my cheekbones.
7. SEPHORA Eyelash Curler – I just can’t imagine how I ever lived without this little tool! Trust me, it does make a difference!
8. CLINIQUE Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara in shade Jumbo Jet – Since I wear contacts and have extremely sensitive eyes, it’s really important for me to use ophthalmologist tested mascara and this one is just what it is. Plus, over-sized brush gives me volumized lashes, which I can easily build up, depending on the look I want to achieve.
9. FLORMAR Eyebrow Pencil in shade 401 – I have naturally thick eyebrows, that just need a little fill-in in the outer corners and I find this pencil to be just perfect for that. I first bought it totally randomly on a sale in a drugstore and it ended up being my favorite one.
What are your favorite summer makeup products and have you tried any of these? 🙂
If you did, I would love to hear your thoughts on them, so feel free to share!